Thursday 7 January 2016

Results + Flying Boob

We got our IB results on the 5th, last Tuesday, but it still feels so surreal. The days leading up to the 5th, I was so nervous and worked up by the possibility that I didn't do enough. It was more of a fear of the unknown, because I didn't really know what to expect. I thought the worst I could do was 38, and that would just be enough for NUS, I think, but I didn't want to risk it either, so from the beginning of last year, I had set my sight on 40 or above.

Magically somehow, I managed a 41!!! Which I'm really proud of - until hear of other people scoring higher lol But I don't feel like I did back during PSLE or O levels when I heard other people doing better. I think by this age and after going through IB, they really deserve it c: And even if I had the chance go back in time to redo these past two years to get a better score, I wouldn't. I might get biology and history remarked though, since they're so close to the next grade. (There's no hope for my English lol that was a poopy paper anyway) The only thing I'm really upset by in my scores is my EE. Gosh diddly darn science EEs, being marked strictly. Then again I guess my EE report wasn't that fantastic either, but I couldn't do much more to it.

Anyway, after getting results, the story of how I got home really late came about. The Weebs (I should probably use their names, makes things easier: Stanley, Bei, Daryl, Hans) headed to Bei's house to sort of celebrate. While we were on the way to her place, we stopped by a supermarket to buy some stuff. We just so happen to be at the cashier with condoms. Stanley asked how screwed would I be if there was an opened pack in my bag. Answer: very. Even if Daryl said it meant I had the "mindfulness" to use protection, I'd probably be killed, and then resurrected, only to be killed again.

Then he said that I should buy one for my bro, hide it in his bag, or tell him I "got the goods" as a prank. That seemed funny at first, but then I remembered that my mum told me in the car that morning to school, to hook my brother up with any nice girls in university. I was like MOM PLEASE SIX YEARS DIFFERENCE but she was actually serious about it. My bro has had a bad experience with a poopy girlfriend. One of the girls he went on a date with was like the sister of one of the friend's of my other bro, so that would be kinda awkward; and after a recent date, he said she was ignorant, and I guess naive. My bro's been through some shiet, but I think that has made him more aware and mindful of the kind of people to associate with. Anyway, giving my bro a pack of condoms as a joke is pretty sad in his case. Also, it would not turn out funny, the consequences are not worth the joke.

Anyway, the time at Bei's house was pretty fun. The Weebs played mahjong, but catching up on animal crossing was my priority LOL They taught me how to play before, but I still don't know when to do what and what is allowed. Then other people like Jonathan, Rad, Abbi, and even Ning came by. Apparently Jon wanted to learn how to play MMORPGs, so Stanley and Daryl tried to teach him how to play Leg o' Legends. We all ended up playing our own games some how, like even Bei showed Yandere Simulator to Jon and Ning. We had PIZZAAAAAAA for dinner, and went upstairs to play Saboteur after.

Man, playing Saboteur the first time round when we slept over at Bei's was a wild ride. Each player is given one of two roles, miner or saboteur, but no one knows who's who. The miners have to work towards the gold, which is also hidden out of three cards, and the saboteurs have to well, sabotage them, either by purposely misdirecting the path to the wrong card, or preventing other people from building paths. The first time we played, we went insane with trying to figure out who to trust and who is the saboteur or not. I broke down, crying (not just from laughing too much) after accidentally sabotaging Hans because I thought he was a saboteur, when he was a miner too. And gosh ddiddly darn Daryl, trying to seem so friendly and trustworthy, just to throw us off regardless of his role like omg stop the Jedi mind tricks. Ning, if you're reading this, that night was nothing compared to the sleepover.

Anyway, by the time we left Bei's house, was almost ten. During dinner, I was really worried about time, because I didn't want to reach home too late. Even though my parents never explicitly gave me a curfew, I can't help but try to get home around 8 or 9 so that they don't have to worry about me. Yes, my curfew is self-imposed LOL It was late enough that my mum said she was going to sleep, so that meant no ride home from the bus stop or train station, unless I asked my dad instead, but that wouldn't be very nice for him either. Luckily I had Hans to walk home with, because he was sleeping over, so it wasn't so bad walking in the dark.

The Boob was dumb enough to forget renting a place at the hostel when he was coming back to Singapore to collect results. The scholars were discussing it in our group chat, so that's when I knew he was gonna hobo. He said that he could hobo in the airport, which apparently he has done before. I told my mum about it and she was like "aiyah how can", so my mum letting him stay over wasn't a problem. But then his mum didn't want to, because she didn't want him to impose. That meant he would probably have to fly here and back within the same day - until his dad said he could stay if my parents were fine with it. So that's how the Boob stayed over for the night.

We reached home by around 11.30 pm, which is the latest I've ever been home on my own. Because he was staying over though, it meant that I couldn't go for the netball party the next day, since I had to bring him to the airport. We spent most of the day going through my old stuff (diaries that NONE OF YOU ARE ALLOWED TO READ EVER) and watching TV before leaving the house to go the airport. This was a journey in itself, because halfway as we were walking out to the main road, it started to rain. And I swear, that it was pure bad luck because it pretty much wasn't raining anywhere else. Also I wore the wrong socks with the wrong shoes, and with the rain it was even worse, as the tongue of my shoe was rubbing my skin. Why do I always somehow get my feet injured from shoes ;w; It's my poor decisions with socks... Anyway, that meant we had to make a detour to find socks, which meant taking more time.

We kinda had to anyway, since Hans had to bring his cousin's SIM card that she left back in Indonesia. And since we were interchanging at Bugis, we went to buy socks. The cheapest pairs we found were 4 for $10, and we weren't allowed to just buy one pair, so guess who has an extra three pairs. (if anyone wants, please tell me, they're ladies' size) When I went to change my socks in the toilet, they had that stupid thread that kept the two socks together and I was like hhhhhhhhh I had to go back to Hans, and he managed to rip the thread apart, and just change my socks in public. Even though so much time was taken up by socks and rain, he wasn't late for his plane so that's good.

Admittedly, I wasn't looking forward to bringing him to the airport and sending him off because feels. Yes, being the crybaby I am, I cried a little at the departures gate don'tjudgeme I don't care if the damn flight is an hour and a half long, physically saying goodbye ain't easy, bruh ;w; I was okay when I was heading back to the train though lol Even Coach messaged me to thank me for giving him a flower I made. I jokingly said that I could make a whole bouquet if he needed, and he took it seriously. So guess who's gonna make the monies from selling paper flowers!! That reminds me though, I need to buy PVA glue, crepe paper, and more skewers (maybe more green paper tape?). I probably will when I pick up my Coldplay CD and meet Ju this Saturday.

Yeah, that's what happened the past few days. Not very exciting lol

No comments:

Post a Comment