Monday 11 January 2016

Flower Store?

I have had thoughts before of selling my paper flowers - the only problem is how to go about it. What got me really thinking though, was when I passed a flower I made to Ning to give to our netball coach, since I couldn't be at their party that day, and he messaged me to thank me for it. I jokingly said I could make a bouquet for him if he needed, and he replies saying he wouldn't mind buying, and I was like !!!!!!

But selling stuff ain't easy, bruv. There are things like where am I gonna sell them, deliver them, make them; cost of materials and selling price, all that. So I think there are four components to them: store, product, pricing and money transaction, delivery.

Store:

Initially I had two options in mind: set up a separate blog with a catalogue of all the flowers; or sell them on my piano teacher's handmade craft store on facebook lol I mean I don't think she'd mind, so that's not a big worry. But then I realised I could just do both. Not only does it have an existing market, but people can be directed to the blog too for other stuff or customisation. Yeah, I really wanted to do customisation because I think that's better appreciated.

Products:

But Mic, all you're selling are flowers lawl Well yeah, but there are different kinds lol I was thinking of having paper flowers and crepe flowers as different categories. In each category, I would have reference pictures of the different patterned coloured papers they can choose from. Although I suppose I should also have some pre-made bouquets/individuals one, for people who have no preference or are in a rush for a gift lol

Pricing and money transaction:

I thought I could sell them at two bucks a flower, but the minimum I could get from that is $166 ;w; Technically I would earn more since I have big sheets of paper, but I'm assuming I'm using a whole sheet for each, so I should earn more than $200. That is still assuming I even have enough traffic and orders to use all my paper orz I suppose I might sell normal (nekkid lol) ones at $2.50, customised ones at a little higher, and maybe even additional costs for wrapping or delivery or something. Really, at this rate it sounds like I won't make much profit lol orz Using pocket money to make a little more pocket money... But we'll see.

I could either create a paypal account so people will have to fork over the money first lol, or they pass it to me in person. I don't really know if there are any problems with paypal, but I just hope that if I get it in person, they have exact change...

Delivery:

That's kinda of tricky one for me, since I can't just send the flowers through mail. At least, I don't think that's the best for the flowers, also I don't know if mailing them would incur extra cost. If I sell them on my piano teacher's store though, that at least solves the delivery part assuming they're usual customers. I don't know, I'd have to ask her about that actually. Alternatively, it'll probably end up with me having to go to some MRT station to meet up with the buyer and pass it to them in person. Also if I get a lot of orders, I'll need to manage time and dates in which I can pass it to them in person. Sigh.

Others:

I suppose other things I could take into consideration are flea markets or craft fairs etc where people sell their stuff, that's another option too. I think it would be better if I could find someone to do it with though :/

Well, that's most of the things that I can remember thinking about off the top of my head. But for now, I'll probably learn how to wrap flowers into a bouquet, and get back to coach on a good price. I don't want to overcharge him ;w;

No comments:

Post a Comment